"We, the people of South Africa, Recognise the injustices of our past; Honour those who suffered for justice and freedom in our land; Respect those who have worked to build and develop our country; and Believe that South Africa belongs to all who live in it, united in our diversity.” Preamble to the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa.

Wednesday 17 August 2011

If Mandela was our Messiah, Malema is our anti-Christ


When I decided to write a blog, I thought it wise not to tackle the rantings of Julius Malema as I feel that his ill thought out statements are not worth the effort, but sometimes the urge (read frustration) gets to me. 
I find it hard to believe that years ago I once defended Julius Malema’s right to express his opinion, however now I think even the most liberal free-speech defenders find it hard to stomach Julius’s constant rhetoric of divisive race-based politics and economically destructive calls for nationalisation.  It is sole destroying to see how one man is attempting to undo the efforts of so many before him to unify this country. Julius only seems to want to divide the nation into along race and wealth lines, while enriching himself along the way. 
If Mandela was our Messiah, Malema is our anti-Christ.

1 comment: